Duration: 03 days and 02 nights.
LA PAZ – RURRENABAQUE – PAMPAS.-
DAY 01. At 08:30 am. Departure by ground heading the town of Santa Rosa, this is a 03 hour trip approx. during which you can see a pleasant landscape and perhaps see the lazy bears. Lunch in a restaurant in Santa Rosa.
After that we go down the Yacuma river in a motor boat heading the Cobra hostel, during which way you can observe a variety of animals like: alligators, lizards, capibaras, turtles, dolphins, monkeys and birds from the region; during this way the guide will give an explanation about the wildlife of all the species that you see. Arrival to the hostel and accommodation. Buffet dinner.
Night walk in a rowboat to see the eyes of the lizards and alligators (it´s necessary to take a lantern). Information about their habitat is provided.
DAY 02. Breakfast in the hotel.
In the morning we star out down the swamp, in order to see the fauna that lives in this region, if you´re lucky you might be able to see and anaconda during this 04 hour hike. After that we return to the hostel for lunch and a short braak.
In the afternoon we go to observe the monkeys and quite possibly to swim with the pink dolphins. Later we can see the sunset in the hostel while hearing the birds singing. Dinner and fraternization with the group.
PAMPAS – RURRENABAQUE – LA PAZ.-
DAY 03. Breakfast in the hostel.
Early departure to see the sunrise, during this you can enjoy the sound and the landsape the nature offers you. After that you will make sport fishing of piranhas and other fishes that live in the Yacuma river. Return to the hostel and lunch.
In the afternoon we return to the Santa Rosa population by boat, and a following land transfer to Rurrenabaque. Transfer out to the airport to take the return flight to La Paz.
- The best season to visit this region is from May through November (dry season).
- This zone is no longer endemic, but its suggested to have a yellow fever vaccine.
- There´s an option for vegetarian meal.
- NOT INCLUDED: Extra beverages or alcoholic beverages.
¿What to take?
- Big backpack and a smaller one to take in the excursions.
- Comfortable and light color clothes.
- Swim wear.
- Hat or Cap.
- Closed, comfortable walking shoes.
- Insect repelent.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Arrival transfer from the Airport to the office.
- Shared transfer Rurrenabaque – Santa Rosa – Rurrenabaque.
- Motor boat.
- Local guide.
- Entrance fee.
- 03 Lunchs.
- 02 Dinners.
- 02 Breakfasts.
- 01 Night in a ecological hostel in Pampas.